Saturday, June 6, 2009

Poker Run











Today we went on a Poker Run to raise money for cancer. Rob & I rode the motorcycle. Madison, McKenna, & Casey rode with Grandpa Rick. Poppa rode his motorcycle. We went from Page to Kanab to Jacob's Lake to Vermillion Cliffs back to Page. Each stop you drew a card and whoever had the best poker hand won the pot. Rob & Grandpa Rick were in the finals, but in the end someone else got it. We had a lot of fun and beautiful weather. Rob has organized a poker run in the fall to raise money for Juvenile Diabetes. We did this as a trial to see how it works. Come to Page the end of September and do the next one with us!

6 comments:

The Woods said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. I love the chocolate parfait cookies at Jacob Lake.

Amber said...

Les, it looks like fun. I wish I had something fun to ride like a motorcycle or convertible. It probably makes the ride more fun that way!

Michelle Johnson said...

What a fun thing to do...and for a great cause! I bet it was a beautiful ride!

Diane said...

Great idea! I hope it goes well in September. I'm sure Grandma Burch would be right there if she was still alive.

Anonymous said...

What a fun way to raise money! From the pictures it looks like it was a gorgeous day - but you don't have many of those anyway, right? :) I agree with Diane, Grandma would be so proud!

Karol said...

Hey Leslie!! This is Karol from the old 17th ward. I found your blog off of Andrea's. (I ran into her at the carnival last weekend.) I wish we could all get together for lunch -- maybe next time you're in town?! :)

I'm soo glad to have this connection with you guys! I'll check back often. Your family is beautiful!!